The Avalon and Stone Harbor Elementary Schools Boards of Education are committed to providing a quality education program for every student. We strive to ensure that all students are proficient in the Common Core State Standards and New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. Our children will be taught in a safe and positive environment and will learn to be responsible, confident and caring citizens.
We are committed to the following:
- To make the students the heart of the school, with every teacher giving instruction in sound fundamentals and inspiring every student to work to the limit of his/her ability.
- To develop in each child a full appreciation and acceptance of the responsibilities as well as the privileges of our democratic society.
- To develop the habits and attitudes essential for personal integrity and civic competence.
- To emphasize maximum achievement and proficiency in the fundamentals of reading, computation, writing, and oral and written composition.
- To assist pupils to recognize and discover interests and aptitude for vocational purposes as well as for personal growth and development.
- To promote health and physical fitness.
- To develop the traits of initiative and self-reliance through classroom practices.
- To teach respect for other pupils, for adults, and for constituted authority.
Avalon Board of Education
Seated from left to right Lynn Schwartz, Kim Schiela, John Richardson
Standing: Lois Scarpa, Craig Worton, Maggie Day
D. Lynn Schwartz, President Email: email@example.com
Kim Schiela, Vice President Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Richardson Email: email@example.com
Lois Scarpa Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Worton Email: email@example.com
Dr. Jim Gallagher, Stone Harbor BOE Representative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AV 2016-17 Budget.pdf
Stone Harbor Board of Education
Mr. David Hoy, President Email: email@example.com
Mr. William Stump, Vice President Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jim Gallagher Email: email@example.com
Dr. John McAllister Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Maggie Day Email: email@example.com
Lois Scarpa, Avalon Representative Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SH 2016-17 Budget.pdf